Jambands.ca

GORGE!

greasyfizeek

I got my mail order for the Gorge in July! Back to BC for a week, and a trip down to the gorge, doesn't get much better than that.....any one else get mail order?

greasy

p.s. if you haven't seen the gorge amphitheatre with your own two eyes (especially phish) you haven't seen live music proper....here's a link to salivate over.

http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/gorge/

I got tix (2 for the lawn, both nights), and after hearing so much about it, and seeing the pics (thanks, gf) I really want to go, but I'm not sure I can make it. I live in Ottawa, and don't drive, so I'd need to fly out (to Vancouver, or maybe Seattle) and then rig a ride from where I land to the venue.

The problem then is that I want to get to Alpine Valley and then Deer Creek, so I'd either need to go back to where I landed and fly back to Ottawa, then hook up with an Ottawa or Toronto crew going to AV & DC, or get a ride from the Gorge to AV and then...

Well, you get the idea. I've got a bit of time, and a bit of leverage (the extras), so I'm not too worried. (And hey, it can't be any more expensive than rigging my Vegas plans three days in advance... [Mad] )

Just call me "Curious Gorge"...

Aloha,

Brad

well my thoughts on the Gorge are...remote, beautiful, EXPENSIVE, wear shoes on your walk from the lot/campground to the amphitheatre (it's a gravel path...oouch!), watch out for staff who want to confiscate your drums...assholes!

dose...the colours in the surrounding hills at sunset are unbelievable.

It gets damn HOT there, so bring plenty of water!!!

Bring cash...the ATM always runs out!!!

Watch out for rattlesnakes!

This is the only venue i saw Phish at back in 98 i think...maybe i'm do for another!

brad,

If you flew to Vancouver, it'd be really easy to score a ride to/from the Gorge - just post a note on upstream entertainment's board and you'll get some bites. The Gorge is beautiful, just don't go swimming in the river, unless you're immune to nuclear waste... It gets AFRICA hot - almost unbearable - be prepared.

is everyone planning on camping at the fairgrounds? I hear it's super tight over there (dick security).

Also, will there be an additional charge on parking/camping, because I have a feeling that the $4.25 parking charge graciousely added to our tickets doesn't cover it? Makes me consider an AC Hotel room where I can sleep pass 8am and not get burnt to a crisp by the hot dessert sun.

holy crap dude. i must be not on the ball at all. ALREADY reserved a campsite???? Shit, i wouldn't have thought of that for months im sure [smile] apparently flying by the seat of my pants is NOT always the best way to do things!!!

on a side bar, it looks as though my fuggin clutch is gone.....the doctor will tell me how much $$$$ i need to shell out. .... leaches.

Hey Solar, sorry I didn't stop by last night but my buddies mom was in town so I ended up getting drunk. Should I stop by tonight or are you occupied selling yourself in order to raise money for your clutch? I got to figure out how I'm getting to the gorge, we were talking about looking into some sort of RV/Van but now my buddy can't come, but I;m sure I can round up a couple of people. Are you in on the campsite if my buddy still has it???

Wanna go to this or what?

web page

I have been to the Gorge many times and the camping fee per car is $25-30. The 4.25 they added is bullshit and another money maker.

As for camping, I have camped at the other site you guys are talking about, it's called Wapanumum or something like that, but it's all sold out! It's about 10 minutes away from the amphitheatre over bridge and can be very relaxing, so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, as my friends have already tried booking it.

Best thing to do is bring umbrellas for shade....it's gonna be hotttt!

greasy

"Nothing beats Phish at the Gorge, nothing....."

"my buddies mom was in town so I ended up getting drunk"

That may be my new signature!

BEAUTIFUL.................

Yeah, gotta pipe in here. The cost to camp there, per person plus car charge is RIDICULOUSLY expensive. However, it is well worth it in the grand scheme of things. Bring as much cash as you can, cause you will spend it.

And you know what?

As far as I have seen, I can agree. Nothing beats Phish at the Gorge, nothing [Wink]

Archived