Jambands.ca

Who's got my phatty U2 tix at face?

Velvet

when i saw U2 in what like 85/84? I swear i was the absolute first person in the general lineup we waited all day (fun day) but when they let us in and we ran to the stage - it was already full 3 ROWS DEEP - and that was Blood Red Sky. With their popularity now, i'm telling you i doubt all that many people from the general public who didnt 'know somebody' got tickets for this show. good on the people who did.

there were five of us trrying on computer and phone and we were shut out. There was supposed to be six of us, which I'm sure would have spelt success for us, but booche fu©ked up and is therefore out of any ticket purchasing onslaughts of mine in the future.

Way to suck booche.

Put the j down, you have smoked yourself stupid. I let Douglas sleep and I bet I hit 'Refresh' with my right hand and 'Redial' with my left hand more times than you and JoJo did combined because of all those "mental breaks" you had to take.

Do you really want to try and make me believe JoJo was more efficient with one tool than I was with two?

You fuggin stoners kill me....................

when i saw U2 in what like 85/84? I swear i was the absolute first person in the general lineup we waited all day (fun day) but when they let us in and we ran to the stage - it was already full 3 ROWS DEEP - and that was Blood Red Sky.

I think your dates may be a bit off. I think I saw them in 1984-85, twice, and it was for the Unforgettable Fire tour (at Massey Hall to open the tour and then later at the Maple Leaf Gardens to close the tour). If you saw Under a Blood Red Sky [which makes me jealous] I think it would have had to have been like 82-83?

And I agree with your assessment. We had to pull some serious strings to see that Massey Hall show, which is why the sold-out Gardens show was added later on. Unbelievably great time, though, which I still remember 20 years later. (Frankly, I can't believe they're still going as strong as they are; but they truly deserve it.)

Stone Moutain - you're absolutely right - it was Unforgettable fire. I didnt remember. But now i'm getting a lot back...

I remember I was mad because Bono came out on the overhang to talk to everyone but i could only leave the door for like a second to go see him. I also remember having my "disc' camera hidden in my bra - Does anyone remember those? they were thin and you put a disc in for film. I should look to see if i still have those concert pics around. They use to be up on my bedroom wall next to my giant boy george poster. hmm

It was bad though, all the people who got in before the public - it use to be my thing to get the front of the line for general back then so i saw a lot of concerts that way and i never ever saw anything that bad before or since.