Jambands.ca

Shoreline Festival Update (Slip Content!)

Del

THE SHORELINE FESTIVAL: MORE LINEUP AND WEBSITE!

Hey folks,

The website is now ready to go for this year! The design looks great! It is choc full of information about this year’s show, and will be updated continually with odds and ends. Of course, the lineup will always be up for an addition or two, so check back for news sometime! Take a look, and don’t forget to check out Pam Bernard’s photos of last year’s show!

Here are the most recent additions to our already stacked lineup! See the MUSIC LINEUP portion of the web site for more info!

ANDREW and BRAD BARR & Guests

www.theslip.com

Boston musicians Andrew and Brad Barr will be joining us on the shores of PEI for a jam session and more! The Barr brothers are two thirds of touring sensation The Slip!

BRINSLEY FORDE w/ JASON WILSON & TABARRUK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/brinsley_forde

http://www.canadianreggaeworld.com/JasonWilsonTabarruk

Grammy nominated British reggae star Brinsley Forde is making the trip to The Shoreline Festival. Founder of top British reggae band Aswad (“black” in Arabic) and current BBC Radio host, Brinsley Forde has performed with Bob Marley, Burning Spear, Black Uhuru, and many others. And he’s in great company, touring with Juno nominated Toronto jazz - reggae foursome Jason Wilson & Tabarruk.

plus ...

BURT NEILSON BAND

UNIVERSAL SOUL

CHRIS COLEPAUGH & THE COSMIC CREW

CALEDONIA

CONTRIVED

TWO HOURS TRAFFIC

ERMINE

Here’s some ticket info, for those of you who are against clicking on links to find out information (ha ha):

Tickets

web special $55 + tax (500 tickets, online only / avail. Tues, May 10)

advance $65 + tax

gate $80 + tax

Web special tickets can be purchased online, right here on our site as of Tuesday, May 10th. Take advantage of our early bird price while those 500 tickets last! If you purchase web special tickets, they will be waiting for you at the gate when you arrive (with your ID!). We use Paypal.

Regular advance tickets will be available Friday, May 6th, from the Halifax Metro Centre Box Office windows, online at www.halifaxmetrocentre.com or via their telephone order line at 902 - 451-1221, or at any of these 14 Sobeys stores in the Halifax area: Clayton Park, Penhorn Mall, Lower Sackville, Forest Hills, Elmsdale, Tantallon, Bedford, Halifax Shopping Centre Annex, Windsor Street, Queen Street, Spryfield, Panavista (Hwy #7), Westphal and Fall River.

Tickets will be in all of our retail store outlets around Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia on Monday, May 16th. Retail outlets accept cash only.

.... see the website for lots more info!!

its not that far.

Montreal - Rollo Bay: 1200 km

i sure you've gone furthur for a show.

good god man its P.E.I.

you gota see shoreline's most requested act from last year Iron Giant!!!!

SF39.jpg

SF38.jpg

there's some great pic's on the shoreline site.

www.shorelinefestival.com

Edited by Guest

I don't think i'll be attending that festival but I would like to have the show when it come around. Anyone know where one would go about finding people that tape at Shoreline? Or is it restriced from tapers?

this festival has had me stuck for awhile now...Evolve? Shoreline?Evolve?Shoreline?arrggg...

DAMN!!! Tough call for sure. I'm in the same boat Howler. I think it'll boil down to the price of flights. I really wanted to go to Evolve (for my bday), but that's the wrong time of year to get any days off from the school board. Boooo! Maybe I'll flip a coin. This sure looks sweet!

Besides The Slip and BNB, this 2nd line-up announcement doesn't do much for me... But that initial line-up is still really really exciting to look at!

Buck 65

Metric

Kid Koala

Benevento Russo Duo

Joel Plaskett

Wintersleep

Grand Theft Bus

Slowcoaster

The Jimmy Swift Band

Jill Barber

Al Tuck

(there were more too)

so brad and andrew are there, sans marc, for some crazy jam sessions? looking at that line-up, it sounds pretty tasty. there's no way in hell i can make this, but does anyone else get a hard-on thinking of the prospect of plaskett and brad barr sharing a sweet mid-afternoon acoustic set? or some mixing and matching of the brothers barr, bnb, the duo, and joel? nice line-up there, mr. whore. but i'll be seeing you at evolve. :)