Jambands.ca

hiway freeker in London tonight (Thursday)

scottieking

I wish I was in! The turnout last Thursday was a little disappointing, to us and to the band, I think (we didn't get an encore, and the show ended pretty early).

They also like (and thank!) tapers, so if someone could tape this, I and they would apprecaite it.

Aloha,

Brad

No, I'm not in the band, nor do I have any affiliation with them; I'm just a fan (by "us", I meant the crowd that came out last Thursday).

I've taped them a few times here in Ottawa, and once in Montreal, so I have a "shake hands when we meet" relationship, I guess.

Aloha,

Brad

I don't think I'd miss any Hiway Freeker night if they are around.

Even if you can only go out for a bit, they'll make you wish you could stay all night.

They have some incredible grooves and very dynamic shows.

See them any chance you can get.

loved my time. Great people, small turnout( [Confused] ) and an awesome time. I think these guys deserve a lot of respect. not too many people write songs like these guys.

it was nice to party with the select few that made the hike behind the barakat for a killer band.

cheers all!

I found this very interesting tidbit in their feature at jambands.COM:

Playing as Hiway Freeker they combine these covers with originals written mostly by Jared Shore, an occupational therapist living in Calgary who formed part of the original band. "I realized that this guy had been writing like mad, and so we decided to use his material," says Malin. Once they receive Shore's work the band arranges the music collaboratively before performing live. "[shore] sends pre-recorded music and lead sheets. Sometimes we use his arrangements, but not always," says Southam. "We'll bring in a song, and we'll talk about it, and argue, voice out opinions," says Felber. "Someone might think it could use an enhancement here or a change there...but we definitely do it as a group."

Jambands.com New Groove

Archived