Jambands.ca

anyone notice the dead are doing it too?

secondtube

quote:

Welcome to an exciting new offering from The Dead. For the upcoming Summer Getaway 2003 tour, the band is printing and selling CD recordings from most of the tour concerts as soon as each respective concert is over. The concert recordings, called “Official Concert Recording Series”, are available for purchase over this website (click BuyCDs) as well as at most concert venues at the concert

Well, i remember when phish started doing it, i was like, damn, the dead gives them out for free, as does phil...

i guess no more....

Now, at least the Dead are printing and selling the physical copies of the shows, rather than just the shns. Their cost is much more than phish...

I personally have a high (very high quality) audience copy of every dead show from last fall, i dont think this is necessary "to get the high quality shows to the fans"....

that was possible, already, for free.....At least now the fans who enjoyed the shows nights before can purchase the hard copies, if they dont have access to computers...

ot only did they jump on the clearchannel sellin shows/phish live relese wagon, but the deads are over 20USD to boot.

tooly mcreviewer gives it a solid thumbs down but my opinions dont matter, im sure they will sell lots of these, maybe they started this bcuz of the poor ticket sales lately?

gooooooooooooooooo wassabi!

I kinda think its cool. I have no problem with people using new technology or selling their own music. I never harped on the Dead for making the fortunes that they did.

Frankly, I don't think that I can afford any of these shows but for the folks that can, hey why not.

I think the fact that if you pay for the cd's at the show you don't have to pay postage is pretty cool.

Too bad they didn't do it back in the day. Maybe it would have made getting a ticket alot easier.

But in all honesty, i always thought that this would be a great way for new small bands to make money. Bands need finances too. Why not bypass the record companies all together and have a self sufficent grassroots bootleg system.

If they did away with aud. taping. I might think differently. But I doubt that they will.

I say go for it.

Archived