Jambands.ca

Field Day Music Festival Review

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

There was a lot in the news about this festival before it happened, but since July 7th, I've read very little on the subject. It's like nobody really wanted to talk about it. Well I managed to find a review which helped justify my decision for cancelling my tickets.

Guest Low Roller

I heard that Beck was nailed in the ribs by some stage equipment that a stage hand was moving around. He tried to sing backstage but was in too much pain so they decided to cancel his set.

"To make matters much worse, Mother Nature decided to deliver a rainstorm of Biblical proportion, a virtual downpour that lasted nearly the entire day...."

"Yes, indeed, this was truly a day to remember -- a day so bad, it was amazing."

" Ultimately, I came to realize that without proper drugging, the concert could only be enjoyed from the bleachers. "

Holy hell does this sound like Gathering of the Vibes 2001....Most acts cancelled because of lightning, cow fields reduced to mud pits with 1-foot deep sections....wind blowing tents everywhere. oh yeah did I mention the 10,000 people getting cholera?

Same thing happened to soulive as well they

had to play another venue later that day.Sound was o.k. on friday night.Saturday afternoon Strange folk was fun.One beef i had was if you were any where behind the soundboard(the more mud the more you wanted to be there) the sound except for a few acts, mmw was one of them,wasn't that good at all .Considering how large the viewing area was,the sound could have been back quite a bit more,or another set of bins for the area behind the board considering it was the largest area.

I also met Tungsten there that was +.10,000sick with cholera though I find that number hard to believe.

The cholera thing was a joke. There was one family that got food poisoning (from there own food) and cried cholera to stir up a legal dispute with TTapes. That was quickly put to rest.

They should of had a delay stack in the back, I agree. About 10,000 more people showed up then expected. They now have stated capacities for their festivals and keep them small, around 15,000. There was 25,000 at the 2001 vibes.

Archived