Jambands.ca

S-L-O-W-C-O-A-S-T-E-R tonite in guelph

Tungsten Gruvsten

Man, i can't even get it into words...don't wanna gush but I've listened to the 2 albums twice a day for a week now...

They hit me right square in the middle of the Wilco/Pavement/Sea and Cake/ Rheostatics/ Eels musical knuckle. Although I can hear so much more in there, it's just the solid songwriting and arrangements that really speak to me...and with a voice like Sting meets Sam Prekop.

Their albums are all self recorded and very well done-for a 3 piece they've employed a 'what does the song need' school of thought and added everything from female backup vocals and pedal steel to shakers and percussion. tastefully.

Did anyone go to the June 5th show in Ottawa? what went down? how was it?

I'm definitely going tonite but friends of mine are also throwing a party so it's a split evening...damnit!!

Here's the next few local dates:

Thursday, June 12

Jimmy Jazz

Guelph, ON

Friday, June 13th

Rivoli

Toronto, ON

Saturday, June 14

Bacchus

London, ON

Punk I'd seen them out east too but something heavy is going on with those guys. Mike Knoll, Tungsten and I checked it out last night at the Jazz and it was insane. I couldn't really understand the intense rave reviews people were making so went to check it out. Got canned by a tyrrant Chilean woman yesterday to boot. Stayed skeptical for a few minutes and then it just happened they had tapped right into the emotional group mindheart core. Fucked up shit seriously. Very heavy.......

I was at the Ottawa show, and it was pretty kickin. I was most impressed with them East Coasters. I wish my memories were a little more specific regarding specifics, but I remember having a very good time.

Go check it out, and tell all the jammers in Guelph to go check it out.

Archived