Jambands.ca

Phil Collins Says Genesis Reunion Possible

TimmyB

Hey ollie,

I'm posting this here, because at least you can appreciate it.

Tim

PS I would pay more and travel further for this gig more than any other possible reunion on the planet.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1289833

Phil Collins Says Genesis Reunion Possible

Phil Collins Says Genesis Reunion Is 'A Possibility' After Disbanding in 1998

British pop star Phil Collins performs during a concert in Tel Aviv, Israel, Monday Nov. 7, 2005. British singer-songwriter Collins, who is touring the Middle East, said he is open to a reunion with his bandmates from Genesis. "There's a possibility. I'm open for it," Collins said ahead of a concert Monday in Tel Aviv.

The Associated Press

JERUSALEM Nov 7, 2005 — Phil Collins says he's open to the idea of a Genesis reunion.

Nothing has been announced, but the 54-year-old British singer, who is touring the Middle East, says: "There's a possibility. I'm open for it."

"If it doesn't happen, it won't be because we don't want to. It will just be because there are too many things in the way," he said Sunday. "I'm happy to sit behind the drum kit and let Peter (Gabriel) be the singer, but if it happens, I'll be there."

Genesis formed in 1967, performing for more than 30 years before disbanding in 1998. Collins fronted the band after lead singer Gabriel left in 1975 to pursue a solo career.

Collins went solo in 1996.

"We're all still good friends. We spent like 30 or 25 years of our life in the same office," Collins said. "Just because we don't play in the same band anymore doesn't mean we don't see each other and enjoy each other's company."

On the Net:

http://www.philcollins.co.uk/

Yeah. Part of me wants this to happen. The other part of me knows I would bust the bank to see every show I possibly could.

I'd be very surprised if Peter Gabriel broke his stance against revisiting the past. But if Roger Waters can play with Pink Floyd again then I suppose anything is possible.

Yeah. Part of me wants this to happen. The other part of me knows I would bust the bank to see every show I possibly could.

I'd be very surprised if Peter Gabriel broke his stance against revisiting the past. But if Roger Waters can play with Pink Floyd again then I suppose anything is possible.

I'm going to be broke next year and if the Peter Gabriel 1971-1975 era of Genesis reform I'll be in big trouble as well.

I always feel it is very possible that a Genesis reunion could happen. You bring up Pink Floyd and looking at them many if not all of the members hate each other. While with Genesis they all for the most part have remained close friends.

Tim

But if Roger Waters can play with Pink Floyd again then I suppose anything is possible.

yeah that's pretty much the new standard. I still can't believe they reformed, even for 20 minutes, and now Waters keeps running around saying how bad he feels about 20 years of acrimony and how good it was to see Dave Gilmour again! I keep hearing more-substantial-than-usual chatter about Floyd actually doing some shows Cream-style next Summer. Apparently promoters are in the bidding process. I know, I know...... these rumours come around every year like the change of the seasons but.......

Not to change the topic away from Genesis though. I used to love Genesis growing up. Don't know if I'd go see them re-formed but that certainly would be cool. I still love "Trick Of The Tail" for the most part.