Jambands.ca

So who won the Black Crowes tickets

Velvet

Here's the setlist from the Vancouver show from that thread StoneMtn posted...

Who: The Black Crowes

Where: QET

When: 05/04/06

- Set One -

Virtue And Vice

Gone

Cypress Tree

Soul Singing

Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye

Ain't No More Cane On The Brazos (1st time played)

P.25 London

Let It Be Gone

Do Right Woman, Do Right Man

Welcome To The Goodtimes

Jam -> Thorn In My Pride

- Set Two -

Wiser Time

Got To Get Better In A Little While

High Head Blues

Song Of Love

Alabama

Nonfiction

Downtown Money Waster ->

Share The Ride

Twice As Hard

Hard To Handle

- encore -

Instant Karma

- last P.25 London - 3/26/05

- Chris played acoustic guitar on "Do Right Woman, Do Right Man"

- Rich sang lead vocals and Chris played electric guitar on "Let It Be Gone"

- Chris played electric guitar on "Got To Get Better In A Little While"

- Rich sang lead vocals, Marc played lap steel and Chris played electric guitar on "Song Of Love"

- Marc sang lead vocals and Chris played electric guitar on "Alabama"

- Rich and Marc played acoustic guitars on "Instant Karma!"

Ain't No More Cane (from the Basement Tapes) would be interesting to hear them play, as well as Do Right Woman.... There's a certain Toronto band (coughFrontierIndexcough) that plays both these... Don't know if the Crowes' harmonies can do these songs justice. Hope they play them on Monday though, and I'll be the judge...

Decent setlist, not super but still good!

AD

Ok, I fucking bone to pick here with no one in particular. I get up crack of fucking dawn looking for BC tickets for the Massey Hall show. I'm on the phone with ticketasshole and Massey Hall at the same time, looking for a pair of floors. Both outlets say at, maybe 12:01PM day of sale, sorry, no pairs left on the floor. Oh well, I get the baclonies or whatever the hell shit was available. That was March 25th. Now, May 9th, one week before the show and go to Massey Hall website, and low and behold, the show isn't sold out and I can order, right fucking now, a pair of floors online. WHAT THE FUCK! I hate ticketmaster so bloody much. WTF!?? Maybe I can see that some "others" came up for sale, but what the fuck kind of shit is this? They reserve the best seats for friends, which I have no problem with, then when no "friends" want them they put them up for sale? Bullshit.

So who wants my balcony seats?

At least you didn't win free tickets and not even bother to show up.

Bradm, you gonna use the Ottawa tickets?

Everybody in Ottawa that likes good tunes should see this show. I'm gonna do an early roll call methinks...

AD

At least you didn't win free tickets and not even bother to show up.

AD: If you are referring to TomFoolery, I think I should clarify. He didn't win the tickets and then just disappear. He hadn't been online for a couple of weeks between when he entered and the date of the show. He and his girlfriend had been travelling across Canada, and had stopped in a small BC town for a while. They ended up staying there, and never did make it to the Coast.

I don't want to give the impression that he won the tickets and didn't care. He really did care, and was just glad that the tickets were used. He just didn't know that he owned the tickets until it was too late.

yeah that rots, deeray.

i wonder if it's a question of some orders getting cancelled or something like that. anyway ticketbastard suuuuuucks, BIGtime

It's not uncommon for tickets to get released after the on-sale date. For example, tickets sold as part of a package, say with a hotel room, or dinner or something along those lines... if the package doesn't sell by a certain date then the tickets go back into the pool.

This happened to me with the Donald Fagen show at the NAC. I picked up a pair of front rows a few weeks after the tickets went on sale. The thing I had going for me here was that I bought my original tickets at the NAC Box Office so they were refundable. Nevermind that the whole shebang was cancelled a few days before the show.

It sucks I know. I miss the old days of ticket buying.

AD: If you are referring to TomFoolery, I think I should clarify. He didn't win the tickets and then just disappear. He hadn't been online for a couple of weeks between when he entered and the date of the show. He and his girlfriend had been travelling across Canada, and had stopped in a small BC town for a while. They ended up staying there, and never did make it to the Coast.

I don't want to give the impression that he won the tickets and didn't care. He really did care, and was just glad that the tickets were used. He just didn't know that he owned the tickets until it was too late.

ah, yeah that clarifies it. i jumped to a conclusion there pretty fast, didn't i? :)

AD

yes, Tomfoolery was away from technology for a couple of weeks. He was awfully disappointed from what I could tell in an email as he loves the Crowes.

I mailed out Baj's tickets. I got a look at the seats if you're curious.

I have Bradm's with me at work right now.

i'm not into seeing them for the hits. I didn't really dig them when they were on the radio anyway. Seeing New Earth Mud opened my ears to Chris Robinson and lisetning to some live Black Crowes recently, I'm sure it doesn't matter what they play. Just as long as they play.