Jambands.ca

NAUTICAL MILES/BLUE ISLAND TRIO/CRACKLING - May 10 06 - Vancouver

StoneMtn

Around this time last year I began writing songs for our new album. In September we started recording it. By the new year we were finishing it up, mixing it towards springtime, and now, a year later we are extremely proud to say it is done, done, done.

We are very, very proud of this album. It represents a huge step forward on all fronts. Seven guests graced us with their presence, singing, playing oud, clarinet, organ and more. We got more adventurous with song structure and recording methods too. The album art is beautiful, and the mixing and mastering are top-notch.

The CD release show will take place:

Wednesday May 10th at 9:30 PM

The Railway Club in Vancouver: 579 Dunsmuir

Cover charge is $7

We hope very much that you can join us for the CD release show. The Crackling, one of my favourite Vancouver bands, will open the night. Then we play. Topping off the night, Corbin Murdoch and The Nautical Miles will be releasing a new CD into the wild as well (see: www.corbinmurdoch.com)

Looking forward to it,

Tim Tweedale

I've heard some of the new material and these guys are absolutely killing right now.

Interesting stuff for sure. This 3-piece are hybridizing roots, bluegrass & now even some drum & bass stuff... all on amplified acoustic instruments like dobro, lap steel, stand-up & electric bass, on top of a smoking groove drummer.

This is gonna be a hell of a show.

~ Keither

Blue Island Trio website.