Jambands.ca

Happy Birthday Charlie Watts!

Velvet

Happy Birthday Charlie,

May you have many, many more in health and happiness.

I wonder if this means the Rolling Stones will finally retire since a member has become a senior citizen?

They dodged a bullet when they continued without Bill Wyman who has been a senior citizen for quite some time. But it seems you can never count out the Rolling Stones.

Tim

Well I guess if Keith Richards "mysterious accident" isn't going to stop them, Charlie's becoming a senior citizen won't either.

Tim

From www.billboard.com

Rolling Stones Reschedule Summer Dates

June 02, 2006, 10:00 AM ET

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has made a "complete recovery" from his mysterious accident in Fiji, and the rock band said today (June 2) it will belatedly begin its European tour in Milan on July 11.

The tour was supposed to begin last Saturday in Barcelona, but the first 15 dates were postponed as a result of Richards' ailments. In a statement, the 63-year-old rocker apologized for inconveniencing fans. "Excuse me, I fell off of my perch! Sorry to disrupt everyone's plans but now -- It's full steam ahead!," he said.

Richards suffered a head injury after reportedly falling from a palm tree while on vacation with bandmate Ronnie Wood and their wives in Fiji at the end of April.

The band's reps have not commented on the details of the accident, and his subsequent treatment in a New Zealand hospital was shrouded in secrecy, leading to much speculation about the extent of his injuries.

Richards has not been seen in public since leaving New Zealand for his home in Connecticut two weeks ago

The new itinerary runs through Sept. 3 in Denmark. Ten concerts have been postponed, and two -- in the German cities of Nuremberg and Leipzig -- have been canceled. The statement said local concert promoters are in the process of rescheduling the postponed shows. Options could be limited, however, by the advancing winter as well as tentative plans to return to the United States in the fall for another round of shows.

"We are delighted to announce the Stones tour is back on track and thank all the fans and ticket holders for their patience," said the band's promoter, Michael Cohl.