Jambands.ca

Dickey Betts!

snarfmaster C

The Allman Brothers - er - Betts Family - er- Great Southern Band blew my freaking mind!!!

what a show!

holeee FACK I might have to skip out on bluesfest tonight to recover :o :crazy:

i can't believe the massive lawnchair section actually remained seated until the encore... glad there was still a good crowd on their feet and loving it :)

p.s. what the hell is all this talk of the slip?! has everybody gone crazy?! did y'all miss the raging allmans tunes? give your head a shake!

two steps back from the hype and a good deep breath...

You're right Moose, Dickey and his band were mind-blowing.

Lawnchair people suck. I saw people 10 years younger than me sitting in their lawnchairs through the whole thing. Makes me sick.

The main thing that annoys me: a person stretched out in a lawnchair takes up the space of 3 or 4 standing people while we stander/dancers are relegated to the sidelines.

There's not an act at Bluesfest that has or will even come close to that Dickey Betts set. It was incredible. I definitely got my groove on to the point where my feet hurt!

There was a fist fight in the front row between a lawn chair dude and a standing/raging/dancing dude. It was pretty sad to see that happen.

There was a bunch of people in the front few rows, off to the side that had chairs set up, but they were standing the entire show. I wonder why they wouldn't collapse their chairs so more people could get that close.

DICKEY BETTS FRICKIN' ROCKS!!!!

The Allman Brothers - er - Betts Family - er- Great Southern Band blew my freaking mind!!!

p.s. what the hell is all this talk of the slip?! has everybody gone crazy?! did y'all miss the raging allmans tunes? give your head a shake!

two steps back from the hype and a good deep breath...

See, what happened, was, I got to Mavericks, and while I was straining to hear what that woman was trying to play on her fiddle, and while homeboy was learning to play the mandolin, I started to forget about Dickey. And then.... BAM, The Slip came on and there was all this hype for sale, and I was all like, "yeah, I'll take two." I should have gone for one, Dickey Betts was sick.

It was pretty damn great. Bob Weir on monday night then Dickey on wednesday, ahhhhhhhhhh.

Once again, my only complaint is lawn chairs.

Also, the Hackensaw Boys played a free acoustic set last night on the street in front of the Dominion (in the market) which was pretty good though off topic for this thread (I only mention it because they came on before Dickey the other night)

DICKEY WAS AWESOME, I AGREE...there was a Franklin's tease at the beginning of 'Liz Reed too! I saw that show, and still got to The Slip in time...

Dickey really was givin' 'er!

I had no problems standing in front of people in lawn chairs for that show...too bad for them if they didn't want to get off their asses and dance...