Jambands.ca

Royce Da 5'9" - Thursday in Kingston

skelter

Rock Crew Productions, CFRC and Elixir Nightclub are very proud to present Royce Da 5'9", with special guest Skitz, on Thursday, November 18. Tickets are on sale now.

With just one full-length album to his credit, Royce Da 5’9” has been through more career upheaval than some artists experience in the course of an entire career.

It’s been three years since Royce recorded his first record, Rock City, Version 2.0. Since that time, he’s been signed to four different record labels and endured beef with some of the most powerful artists in the world. Yet, through it all, he has managed to solidify his status as one of the most potent lyricists in the game. With the February 24, 2004 release of his new album, Death is Certain on KOCH Records, Royce emerged from the underground to claim his rightful place among hip-hop’s most recognized heavyweights.

Royce’s career caught fire when he hooked up with Eminem. Slim Shady’s career had just gotten off the ground when the two recorded “Scary Movies” b/w “Nothing to Do” together. They later recorded “Bad Meets Evil” for The Slim Shady LP. This song put Royce on the national radar. It also earned him the opportunity to work with one of hip-hop greatest producers ever, when he penned “The Message” for Dr. Dre’s Chronic 2001 album.

“I know blessings when I see them,” Royce says. “My scars got stories. I’m still here ‘cause there’s still work for me to do. This is my post-war album, my reconstruction period.” And the reconstruction is a certifiable classic.

Rock Crew, Elixir Nightclub (14 Garrett St.) and CFRC present Royce Da 5'9" with special guest Skitz on Thursday, November 18. Doors open at 9 PM, this is a 19+ event. Advance tickets are $10 and on sale now at Brian’s Record Option, Zap Records, UBS Exchange, Renaissance Music, Elixir, or through Rock Crew On-line Ticketing (http://www.rockcrew.ca/onlineticketing.shtml)