Jambands.ca

Live Hip Hop in Kingston - Bless/Wax Philosophic/Grampa

skelter

This Thursday, October 13, Elixir and Rock Crew present Bless with guests Wax Philosophic, Grampa, and DJ Dysruptv. Cover is only $6!

From www.hiphopcanada.com

Bless - Most people know this Montreal based rapper for his affiliation with Guru/Gangstarr and his last release "Platinumberg: The Movement" that included the street classic My Time, but since then Bless has continued to stay hard at work. As a result of his grind in the last short while Bless has been on two national tours (Obie Trice and Lloyd Banks), inked a multi-album deal between his Platinumberg label and DKD/EMI, signed an exclusive clothing deal and was also included as a character in the Def Jam: Fight For NY (Vendetta PT2) game playing the role of himself as well as having two songs on the game's soundtrack.

"To be involved with a project that pit me side by side with some of the biggest artists in hip-hop and that fact that this is another piece of DefJam history really made this project an unbelievable experience. " - Bless

In addition to the Def Jam: Fight For NY, Bless is presently in the studio working on his first full-length solo release titled "The Book of Bless".

"From the production to the guests, this album is going to have some great surprises." The information I got out of my sit down with Bless was that he has been working on some collabos with the likes of Tragedi, Consequence, Guru and a few more he couldn't discuss. I listened to a few rough mixes including the track slated for Tragedi and if that was an indication of what I can expect on the upcoming album, I don't think people will be ready to handle what Bless is coming with.

"I'm very focused right now, working on the album trying to come with something for the average hip_hop head, the backpacker and the streets" - Bless

He also told HHC to lookout for a new buzz record that will be spinning on radio this January that will also feature Chicago rapper Twista and will be available on the upcoming Canadian version mixtape of Midi Mafia's "Off The Books" hosted by Mo'Jointz. "I got a call from my management saying they wanted me to be part of this track with Twista for a Midi Mafia mixtape so I jumped at the opportunity…". The unofficial release for this mixtape is set for the New Year and you should also expect some upcoming singles from Bless and a spring release for 'The Book Of Bless". Stay tuned to HipHopCanada for an update on all of that and more.

Wax Philosophic - For the last 5 years emcee's Reach (Jarret Schilke), D_Cyphur (Derek DeSa), & DJ/producer Jenero Sanus (Bryan Johnston) have been making waves in the independent Canadian music scene. Their soulfully conscious brand of authentic hip hop has been the cornerstone to their success.

Their full length release 'It's Fallout' (April, 2005) has received critical acclaim across the country and the music video for the first single off the album is currently airing on Much Music. Directed by Francis Mitchell, the video was shot entirely on 35 mm film, on location in the Blue Mountains. Wax Philosophic has been charted on college radio stations from Winnipeg, Manitoba all the way to Mannheim, Germany, building a solid listening base.

Opening up for the likes of Blackalicious, 2 Live Crew, DL Incognito, Shawn Desman and DJ Dopey, Wax Philosophic has developed a high energy, interactive and dynamic live show. Having already played shows in Toronto, Montreal, New York, Boston, and their hometown of Thunder Bay, the group is poised for their upcoming fall tour.

Their musical determination has pushed them to the far reaches of the globe. From performing in Harlem, New York in front of the legendary Cold Crush Brothers; to collaborating with emcees in Seville, Spain; to rapping for middle-school students in Beijing, China, Wax Philosophic is on the rise.

www.platinumberg.com

www.waxontheweb.com

www.bolderstone.com/grampa