56 Byward st. (Sidedoor/upstairs)

$8 at the Door

-Benefit for - MASC

-Eats by - Trio Lounge, Agave Grill and Haveli

-Beats - Giveaways from Six Degrees Records - In house Beats by Emily Jones

followed by Special Guest DJ JAXPRATT

-Vernissage for - Labrona and Tonto

-Special Performance - MASC artist, Samba Ottawa

*****************************************************************************************

The Beneficiary:

During the first year of doing World Beats and Eats I started to feel the need to give to not only adults that are involved in the arts, but to a group that focused on children and the arts. Asking around I received mainly one response, 'Give to MASC!!'. In a description from their web site, "MASC brings the arts and culture alive for more than 140,000 children and youth each year in eastern Ontario and western Quebec." www.masconline.ca

The Eats:

-Trio Lounge

(307d Richmond Road - 613-722-3887) - This little Montreal inspired bistro in Westboro will be plying us with one of their selection of appetizers.

-Agave Grill

(1331 Wellington St. - 613-728-5588 ) - This westend restaurant is said to have Ottawa's premier southwestern fare. On February 3rd we'll feel the warmth of their food.

-Haveli Indian Restaurant

(39 Clarence Street - 613-241-1700) - The Haveli has been a staple in downtown Indian food for quite sometime, myself I am addicted to there veggie samosa. Lets hope for some on February 3rd!

The Beats:

Always giveaways from Six Degrees Records

Always swanky in house beats.

7-9pm

beats w/ Emily Jones (emilyjones.ca, E18hteen, Social, Par-fyum)

9-10:30pm

Special Guest DJ JAXPRATT

Vernissage:

Labrona and his modern tinged renaissance characters have caught my eye for quite some time. Labrona and Tonto will fill the walls of the Mercury Lounge with a collection of their works.

Special Performance:

This past year I participated in the Fringe Festival Parade as a means to promote WB&E. Samba Ottawa was right in front of me the whole parade distracting me from my duties as flyer boy. This 25 member group draws attention wherever they go.

**Witness this MASC groups abilities live at 9 pm

NEW Giveaways:

The sharp and stunning graphic styled artist Zeke will be donating two of his Zeke Design T-shirts for raffle.

********************************************************************************************

February 3rd - 2006 - 7-10pm

Mercury Lounge

56 Byward st. (Sidedoor/upstairs)

$8 at the Door (FOOD and MUSIC GIVEAWAYS as well as ZEKE T-shirts raffle prizes)

613-789-5324 or 613-321-8515

This is a MONTHLY event (first Friday of the Month) so get your name on the mailing list at the event or Email worldbeatsandeats@sympatico.ca to get the details early for each event!

Brad Campeau

Bump for those that haven't seen this.

You put on a good event Brad. I was down there for the first time this month. We weren't able to stay very long but enjoyed ourselves all the same. I forsee myself being laid up on Feb.3, so I don't think I'll make it for this one, but keep us posted on upcoming events.

• 2 weeks later...