Peterborough's

THE SILVER HEARTS

silverhearts.jpg

Friday, July 7th

with guests

Lisa and Emma(Hamilton)

Jon Brooks(Toronto) www.jonbrooks.ca

www.thesilverhearts.com

The Hearts may include: Sam Allison (upright bass), Mike Begin (guitar, dobro, pedal and lap steel, guitorgan), Wyatt Burton (electric guitars), Dan Fortin (upright bass), Charlie Glasspool (piano, trumpet, vocals), Jesse Pilgrim (theremin, moog), Kelly Pineault (accordion, vocals), Tom Reader (trombone, vocals), Brian Sanderson (sousaphone, viola, vocals), Dave Tough (banjo, acoustic guitar, vocals), Paul Vernon (drums), and Patrick Walsh (harmonica, vocals).

"I saw a dozen musicians climb on stage with no less than 15 instruments including sousaphone, bass trombone, accordion, pedal steel, guitar, saw and theremin! Imagine if you will, Tom Waits dropping acid with Ian Tyson and jamming in New Orleans. The cacophony of sounds rising and falling from the stage was like nothing I had ever heard. Manitoba Hal Brolund, a brilliant multi-instrumentalist in his own right, stood shaking his head. "Wow!" was all he said. People were cheering, laughing, standing, clapping and having a grand old time. I would drop any plans I had in order to see this band!... business had taken a backseat, music had triumphed. This is what it's all about!"

- Review of the Hearts' performance

at Prairie Music Week/Folk Alliance

Chart Attack, October 2002

"They meant to rehearse for a one-off gig, but instead taproom troubadour Andre Ethier and the Peterborough roots orchestra the Silver Hearts hungered down till a new album was born. It's earthy, rough, tumble... the result wins the Honest Music blue ribbon for boozy laments and shambling rockers... Dear Stranger, you're welcome any time."

- Review of Dear Stranger

Brad Wheeler, Globe and Mail

Thursday, May 27, 2006

Fri. July 7th

@ Pepper Jack's

38 King William St. Hamilton

www.pepperjackcafe.com

(905)525-6666

Doors open at 9pm. Adv. tickets $8.

Available at PJ's