Jambands.ca

Delicious Alberta beef and $6 beer

long time runnin'

I understand that people may have had obligations, and it's a crime that the T.V. networks proved to be liars, but I think everyone who wanted to see this concert should have gone in person. It was just $20, and out of curiousity, I added up the cost of the cheapest seats to see all of the acts at their next date--$320 in total. What a deal! There was capacity for 600 000, so plenty of room for another 100 000. Plus, with a little effort and time, it was possible to move from right near the stage for a few acts, to the beer garden, and back. We did it 3 times.

The beer was ridiculous, as they sold tickets early and then we endured long line-ups to actually get into the fenced-in beer garden to use our tickets. I'll bet several thousand tickets went unused (at $6 a pop!).

Still, the concert was a great experience. As far as stars: (out of a possible 5) Sam Roberts: ****, Flaming Lips ***1/2 (Wayne Coyne is a wonderful soul), Sass Jordan ***1/2 (thanks to Jeff Healey's sit-in), Blue Rodeo ***1/2, Tea Party ***1/2 (say what you want, he can play that damn guitar!), Isley Bros. ****(another excellent lead guitar) Guess Who **** (500 000 people were united for TKOB), Rush *** (Geddy Lee's voice isn't what it used to be), AC/DC *****, Rolling Stones ***1/2 (not their best performance, but seeing Keith Richards at the mike is entertainment enough. His hilarious quote "It's good to be here. It's good to be anywhere!").

Archived