Jambands.ca

Does anyone use Netvibes? [solved]

Esau.

I'm getting sick of google forcing the useless igoogle sidetab down my throat and constantly altering it just enough to botch the firefox & chrome scripts created to hide it.

I've read a bunch of comments stating netvibes was a good alternative but I'm skeptical whether or not it's worth installing. I checked out netvibes wesbite but it didn't help much, their example video is nothing more the speedy flash with shitty music - not a bit of helpful information, or even a single example of it in action.

So I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone uses it or tried it, and if it was any good.

Edited by Guest

Forgot about it. Gave it a whirl a lifetime ago and it was pretty cool, actually, but I guess not enough to stick.

I'm not clear on what you would need to 'install' though -- is there a client application now, or is it still browser based? Their website seems to be down at the moment .. for me, at least.

Considering I've never heard of it until today, nor ever used it, I really can't answer your questions. Like I said, the website is useless for explaining how or what it really does.

Hence, my question.

[color:red][edit to add]

Got my answer. No installation, just some web-based garbage I can't homepage.

I guess I just have to wait for the script authors to update the sidebar scripts for chrome and firefox.

Edited by Guest

I still can't access the webpage, though down for everyone or just me insists that it is just me *shrug*

For what it's worth, when I used it, it was cool in that I could set up a bunch of widgets, RSS feeds, links to frequently visited pages, that sort of thing.

In the end, though, when I launch my browser, I just want it to open up google.ca or Speed Dial I guess especially since moving to macbooks, it just seemed cumbersome. If I want stock quotes, the weather, my RSS feeds, etc, I just hit F4 and get my dashboard.

I'm curious though - why can't you homepage it? Do they block you from doing that intentionally or does it have to do with needing to sign-in, or ... ?