Jambands.ca

Introducing GNU Band

Hello everyone who reads this page...mike here from burt neilson. I thought I would take the time to tell you about a band coming our way very soon... the GNU Band! The band consists of Keyboards, electic guitar, drums and bass, and let me tell you these guys know how to play, and have a wonderful chemistry. I guess you could say these guys are the kind of dedicated musicians I really look up to. There is another interesting fact...they actually have the ability to be two bands on the road. I'm not really 100% on the history of this, but I think before GNU started up some off the guys played together in a acoustic jazz, bluegrass. They play the old stuff like django, and even get into some cuban stuff, like what you hear on Bueno Vista. This outfit is called the Ragtime Millionaires. SO when you go to see these guys, they usually open the the show acoutic as the Ragtime Millionaires, then close it off electric as the Gnu Band. Anyway I am probably ramblin, but the bottom line is go see them!

I beleive GNU/Ragtime are playing in toronto at Healy's o OCt 11, (there filming that one), and at the cirus room in KItchener on Nov. 1 . Thanks for your time. Any questions visit www.GNU.ca. Mike

No Intro needed here for me these guys are wicked... my friend Scott caught them often out in Victoria and most shows there were free... fun early accoustic set with a jam packed funky electric.. the bass player lays down some deep grooves from what I have heard as well.. check em out if ya get the chance...

Archived