Jambands.ca

Ways to Support your Local Vibe Part 2

ChubbSubb

This message is aimed more at members of bands, and their promotion companies that may be reading this hehehe

You all should be supporting each other better, I mean like nero should promote CautionJam Shows on their mailing list.. especially if they are both playing in different cities and aren't really competition for each other. I mean it pays to do it.. combining mailing lists means a larger pool for the info to get to..

for example if say

nero has 1000 people on their list

and caution jam has 875

and jomomma has 855

combined together you have a much much much larger pool to promote to, and would have better results and turnouts.. all cheaply if not freely

I dunno

I am all like bored and instigatorlike today

Chubb

Hey Chubbsub, I play in nero. we have been doing a monthly mailout for a year and a half.. 'sweet sweet nero candy', and we've made a point to list every other good show in/coming to town even if they were onthe same night as one of ours. as the amount of shows we had grew, and neroboy's insanity got out of hand the newsletter was getting way to long so we just started linking to ottawajams and the sanctaury on every newsletter- because both websites do just that. so i agree, supporting other bands is key. just so ya know, we're all about it.. your suggestions are all great btw.. thanks. grin.gif" border="0