Jambands.ca

Why oh why did Ottawa trade this guy...

rubberdinghy

The Sens traded away there toughness, Look what we are missing out on!

Roy gets 13 games

(Apr 2) tsn.ca - Tampa Bay Lightning tough guy Andre Roy has been handed the longest suspension of the season by the NHL, as the former Ottawa Senator has been handed two automatic bans totalling 13 games.

After fighting New York's Sandy McCarthy midway through the third period of Monday night's game against the Rangers, Roy left the penalty box and skated toward McCarthy, and in the process threw aside linesman Lyle Seitz, who was attempting to restrain him. Roy was handed two game misconducts, one for physical abuse of an official, the other for leaving the penalty bench.

The game misconduct for abuse of an official carries with it an an automatic three game suspension, as does the game misconduct for leaving the penalty box.

But after reviewing the incident, the NHL ruled that Roy left the penalty bench specifically to join an altercation, which brings an automatic 10 game suspension under the NHL's Rule 72b.

Two other players, Vancouver's Todd Bertuzzi and L.A.'s Adam Mair, have been handed automatic 10 game sentences for violating Rule 72b this season.

Sloth where are ya buddy...Here goes the Leafs fans!! Sens are due first round...Roy was good for the Ottawa fans.

Exile...Good to hear from ya! My grandparents just got back from Scotland...I wish I had gone with them, They only paid 400 bones...But I am definately glad you put on the Sens shirt from time to time, and come playoff time, You best be wearing that bad boy all the time!

Aaaack, the stench of a Leaf fan smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Well once again its gonna happen - Ottawa vs HogTown, Small Market vs Large, Good vs Evil, Me vs the CBC, Roy vs Domi and thats where it all falls apart.

They shouldnt have traded him, he's heart and toughness and thats playoff hockey but .....

(Im now getting out on the highest and furthest limb of the tree as usual)

Sens are gonna take it.

I think the Leafs goaltending is in disarray (that include Cujo's post-Olympic head). Not that Schwab hasnt kept them in there, i just think he will be exposed in the playoffs (he lets in way to many weak ones and those break backs during playoffs). We'll see if Cujo can regain his form.

Roy is gone (man they should have just given up a draft pick for a center) but the Sens are tougher than last year and they wont have the Yashin disappearing in the playoffs thing to deal with. That guy was poison. Bonks having a career year, Alfie's healthy, Hossa is still Hossa (he'll take out your eye baby), Chara & Neil are nasty and now Lalime has seen what its like in the playoffs.

Id invite some Leafs fans over the watch the playoffs but seeing as its on the CBC there will already be enough cheering for the Leafs going on. grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

GOLF LEAFS GOLF !!!

GO SENS GO !!!

Rubberdingy! What's up, brother?!

I hear Roy's obsession with fart jokes in the locker room upset the sophisticated Europeans, so he had to go. I can imagine Don Cherry's reaction...

Sometimes on a Sunday I put on my Sens shirt and watch Ayr Scottish Eagles against Belfast Lightning on the BBC. It's sad.

How is with you and the gang?

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

GO LEAFS GO.

Gentlemonkey - it is indeed the Burglar! By a complex process of elimination (ie only one of you b*stards ever wrote me...), I have divined your identity.

As for the others...I wait for them to come out of the woodwork.

Rubberdinghy - I paid a gut-wenching amount of money to get digital TV (the alternative in the UK is 4 channels), in order to watch the Olympics. Imagine my disgust when I realised that the sports channel required, although included in my package, was "unavailable in my area"! They did show the final on "terrestrial" TV , however. I wish I could have been in Ottawa that day! The upshot is that if I stay up 'til 3am, and the Limeys show the right games, I may be able to watch Jacques' Jokers bomb out of the playoffs. Shame about Montreal, by the way...

In other news - I passed my driving test! Years of forced pedestrianism now at an end!

Give my love to all

Exile

Now when I come back to Ottawa, hopefully I won't have to suffer that "graduated learning" b*llocks!

No Christmas card - I got a letter from gentlemonkey, and failed miserably to respond to it.

How's the job hunt going, my friend?