Jambands.ca

Trey on Phish

MarcO

I thought Phish-heads would appreciate this quote, from the upcoming May/June 2002 issue of Onstage.

When asked "Phish is officially on an extended hiatus, what does that mean?"

Here is Trey's response:

"I'm getting anxious to play with Phish again. We generally intend to play together. But in order for it to work in the way we hope it will-which is to inspire us to be thrilled to play together again and keep it going at a frantic, creative and passionate pace-we had to accept the possibility, when we stopped in October last year, that we may never play again. We really said that to each other. We shook hands and said "All right, have a nice life." I know we all hoped that we would play again, but without saying that it was just a vacation. By saying that you're really separated. We really broke things down, but that was part of the growth process. The way I feel today, I would be amazed if we didn't play again. But we have not said anything to each other to that effect. I actually spent the whole day with those guys today. We kind of hung out in a room doing our own thing. We say, "How's it going" and then we say "see you later". Something inside of me can't wait, and with that being said, I'm really excited about what I'm doing right now, and who knows where things will go?"

ahhhhhh....(exhaling huge sigh of relief)

so does anyone really thing the boys are gonna play an encore, or a few songs or whatnot at boneroo.

If i've ever learned anything from Phish (Big Cypress, Phil before three nights at the creek) they don't do the expected. No jams with phil, no gamehenge or anything rediculous at cypress, just good ole phish. i doubt they gonna play at boneroo.