Jambands.ca

Peter Gabriel video and pics!

Mr. Musicface

Hey all!

PLEASE NOTE if you are planning to see Peter Gabriel on the current tour, viewing of this material may spoil some very interesting surprises!!!

Since it'll probably be like 2009 before we see the crazy bastard again, I couldn't resist sneaking in my wife's fancy new digital camera, complete with VIDEO capability. Wooo-hooo! So for your enjoyment, here are some sights and sounds from last night's extravaganza:

http://www.musicface.com/gabriel/

Note the file sizes for those on slower connections.

I think I got the set list more or less right, if you have any corrections please let me know.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Thank you!!!

Peter Gabriel is one of my favourite artists! I really wish I could have been there. I heard an interview with him - he was talking about his tour set designer - a guy from Quebec - Gabriel loves this guy and called Quebec (city) one of his fav places in North America!!

I would have given anything to hear him sing Mercy street again........

It was quite a show. Mercy Street was a highlight for me as well. They started it off with an a cappella vocal intro and then the members of the band sat on the outside rotating ring of the stage while Gabriel was in the middle singing. It was an amazing moment. That, The Blind Boys of Alabama doing their vocals on Sky Blue, and of course In Your Eyes were probably the musical highlights.

The "hamster ball" on Growing Up and the upside down walking by Peter and his daughter (his back-up singer on this tour) during Downside-Up were the biggest production moments. You can always count on Gabriel for these. He also had a lighted jacket for Sledgehammer and rode a bike around the stage for Solsbury Hill! While a night, indeed.

- Mr. M.