Jambands.ca

New venue opening next year

briguy

On the optimistic side, an advantage to setting this up in Welland is the idea that it could become *the thing* to do in the city. There are very alternatives for live music in Welland and the surrounding area, so this place could be *it* as far as live music venues.

Good luck with this Brian!

Peace, Mark

Thanks for all the well wishes. I get more and more excited as the days go by.

Nice! Congratulations!
Burd said he has developed similar sites in other cities that include Oakville, Ottawa and Montreal.

What's the Ottawa site?

Aloha,

Brad

That was one of two misquotes. Burd has only developed residential in these areas. I’m designing the site with Burd’s architect.

On the optimistic side, an advantage to setting this up in Welland is the idea that it could become *the thing* to do in the city. There are very alternatives for live music in Welland and the surrounding area, so this place could be *it* as far as live music venues.

Good luck with this Brian!

Peace, Mark

That’s one of our angles and Chameleon is right about the changing demographics.

NIce! Welland needs a venue like this.

My grandmother lives in Welland and the town is changing slowly from a retirement haven to a younger population. You're timing may be perfect and rents in Welland are cheaper I hear too.

All the best, Southern Ontario needs more quality venues.

Good work.

Welland is a small city - I almost feel awkward calling it a city. It has a very central location and we’ll be advertising towards the 2 million people that live within 30 minutes of the venue. I’m also designing the venue to accommodate many different configurations that include theatre, concert hall, and cabaret. We’ll be able to host theatre groups, seminars, corporate functions, etc. There will also be a smaller section of the venue with a club/restaurant vibe and bar bands. We’re going to generate revenue anyway we can on our dark days. I’d be foolish if I wasn’t a bit sceptical but at the end of the day I feel pretty good about everything. I’ve seen a lot of music venues come and go and I’m going to give this one everything I have. I think we’ll be able to keep the place going.

Cheers

bc