Jambands.ca

Hard Rubber Orchestra - Free Ottawa show

Velvet

I saw this and thought it sounded interesting. I stopped by the NAC box office this afternoon and picked up tickets. They are free and you can get as many as you want. They show will be at Dominion Chalmers Church, which I think is where that great John McLaughlin show happened.

Saturday, May 2

Hard Rubber Orchestra

John Korsrud, conductor

Prepare for daring, unpredictable music when the Hard Rubber Orchestra takes the stage! The National Arts Centre’s eXpressions festival features a performance by B.C.’s vibrant and energetic musical troupe that has been referred to as the "Godzilla of the Vancouver jazz scene." This 18-piece orchestra, consisting of Vancouver’s funkiest musicians, is a highly active jazz/new music ensemble that has toured to Europe and across Canada, released two CDs, and is the recipient of Canada’s largest arts prize, the Alcan Performing Arts Award. Composer, conductor, and trumpeter John Korsrud leads this acclaimed post-modern ensemble in a wild, eclectic musical ride. The program includes three of John’s own works, plus compositions by fellow B.C. composers Bill Runge and Brad Turner.