Jambands.ca

Disappointed with the Leafs...

PhishyK

I just moved to Toronto from BC 6 months ago. I never knew much of the Leafs or even the Eastern Conference til I got here.

Once the season started it was easy to get swept away in Leafs mania. The papers are just full of Leafs coverage, every game is on TV, and everyone talks Leafs Leafs Leafs at bars.

The team has been mostly consistent since it's slow start, racking up alot of wins between game 20 and 60. I was especially impressed with the great 10 game stretch after the all-star break and the huge 2-1 win over Ottawa.

But the last 5 games have really got me thinking twice. What a shameful display. Inept defencemen, forwards who just don't seem to care, and last night was the capper. What a true shame. All those 5-on-3s were just laughable. I agree that the Senators are a majorly annoying and pathetic europussy team, but where's the DISCIPLINE?

You are NEVER going to win a game with such a sad display of undisciplined penalty taking. Unless they were trying to send some kind of warped message to the Sens, I'd have to say that the Leafs are starting to look like a bunch of babies.

We'll have to see what they do with the rest of the season. I'd be impressed if they grabbed home ice advantage in the Philly series but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Saturday night will be a very interesting game against Vancouver. I still love the Canucks and have since I was about 12. At least they play with heart and don't whine and cry. We'll see how it goes!

Comments encouraged from all but RUBBERDINGHY - how about you stay quiet on this thread!! [smile]

Archived