Jambands.ca

ten speed messiah

Im going home Donny

"i was bummed that day and found myself at night drinking coffee at demitasse nursing my grey mood. i can't remember why I was so bummed now. mabey I read a story about a prince who discovered his princess was actually a dragon who lived in a cave and smoked crack out of mens skulls. mabey that wasn't it but i'm sure it had something to do with a terrible bitchmonster fiction. anyways, staring out the window of demitasse in my vast bummedness i witnessed The Master Of The Universe.

he was a chinese guy i don't know if he was drunk or not but riding his ten speed as fast as he could on the sidewalk around the block over and over again. blanshard/

yates/douglas/johnson these corners were graced by the laughing fool-faced ten speed messiah. i started counting how many times he passed the window. at about the tenth time i really started to get into how triumphant he was in his aimlessness and because he was SUCH A FUCKING GOOFBALL and everytime he passed by demitasse i would lift my arms cheering him on as he did goof gently into that goof night, in return he would raise one arm with all the machismo of a Tour de France winner.

i kept counting the laps and the coffee was also making this all so climactic- 13 - 14 - 15 -....then I completely forgot that i was bummed and hopped on my supercrappyass bicycle and went around the block in the opposite direction speeding down the sidewalk.

passing eachother we would let out a "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-oooooooooo" or a "weeeeeeeeee-ooooooooooo-hheeeeeeeeeehee-oooooooooo" for all the white trash singing glory that it was to yell like an idiot.

now i have learnt the way of the golden ten speed messiah. i am sure he is a kind of accidental prophet because he taught me(without teaching directly) that even with bad brakes and lousy cranks you can still handle corners."

-by jarrett