Jambands.ca

Hey, The Slip fans.......

MarcO

from jambands.com:

Ice Cream Social With The Slip

On Saturday August 7, The Slip is hosting an overnight festival. The event which the group has dubbed “The Ice Cream Truck” will take place at the Tyrone Farm in Pomfret, CT with Geoff Scott and Public House and Caveman currently confirmed, and other artists to follow (and plenty of ice cream promised- feel free to create your own pun involving the phrase "good licks"). The group is currently out west, with a run of dates leading up to the High Sierra Music Festival. The Slip will then return to New England with a gig at BB King's Blues Club in Times Square for which the band is chartering a bus to bring in fans from Providence and Boston (The Slip web site proclaims, “Just imagine, a bus trip where you're not afraid to talk to the weird looking guy sitting next to you!”)

Sorry if this is old news for anyone.... I hadn't seen it mentioned around here, nor heard about it before.

I thought it may cheer somebody somewhere in regards to all the cancelled festival bullshit going down as of late.....

In case you're wondering what I meant by survival kits:

From theslip.com:

"There will be a bus leaving from Boston and swinging through Providence to take folks to the show. Tickets are $55 and include round trip transportation, admission to the show, and a Slip NYC survival kit..."

A cool thing to get for sure, but not worth the extra miles...