Jambands.ca

Live Aid Coming To DVD Nov. 1

Jaimoe

I just read this on DVD Answers. I watched the entire show live in 1985 and I taped it too, although VHS tapes only have a useful shelf-life of 5 years - i.e., my tape self-destructed 10 years ago. Best performance was Santana with Pat Metheny. Worst performance - Billy Ocean:

Title: Live Aid

Starring: N/A (Concert)

Released: 1st November 2004

SRP: Price TBC

Further Details

Warner has officially announced the forthcoming release of Live Aid which was an unforgettable global event, staged in both London and Philadelphia on Saturday, the 13th July 1985. The show featured an unbelievable line up of major Rock & Pop acts including U2, Sting, David Bowie, Elton John, George Michael, The Who, Madonna, Queen, Paul McCartney, The Beach Boys, Status Quo and many, many more. The concert itself will arrive as part of a four disc package, with over 10 hours of performances, superbly presented and re-mastered with multi-channel surround sound and stereo audio options. Extras on the set will include the "Food, Trucks & Rock 'n' Roll" documentary and inspirational Live Aid performances from other parts of the globe. This impressive package will be available to own in shops from the 1st November this year. The retail price has yet to be confirmed. I'm afraid we don't have the official artwork for this one yet either, but as soon as we do, we'll let you know. Stay tuned!