Jambands.ca

The Neville Bros and Harrison Kennedy, Geezz!!!

kc

I new the Neville bros were coming but I didn't realize until 2 min ago that our hometown hero Harrison Kennedy is opening.

THE NEVILLE BROTHERS - Tuesday July 27, 2004

Tickets $30 advance / $35 day of

Doors open at 7 p.m. / Opening act - Harrison Kennedy

Throughout their long careers as both solo performers and as The Neville Brothers - Art, Charles, Cyril, Aaron, and Ivan all embody the rich textures of Soul, Funk and R&B that is New Orleans. From their first release in 1978, the group has gained a cult following for critically acclaimed recordings and for memorable live concerts. Ongoing collaborations with Daniel Lanois and Linda Rondstadt resulted in their greatest commercial success on albums like Yellow Moon and Brother's Keeper as well as for Aaron Neville's smash hit duet with Linda Rondstadt on the song "Don't Know Much". Aaron, who will also be performing at this concert, has enjoyed much solo success beginning with the 1966 classic "Tell It Like It Is". The evening also features a solo performance from Harrison Kennedy , sole Canadian member of legendary Detroit Soul group The Chairmen of the Board . More info at www.nevilles.com

Right at Harbourfront. I saw Yousou D'Nour there last Tuesday. It is possibly the best spot for a show in the summer. Right next to the water, with a wicked international kitchen you can get almost any ethnic food you can think of.