Jambands.ca

Introducing OSHE.... (progressive jazz related)

shainhouse

Hey ya'll...

When I went to Phish @ SPAC, I was there a day early and by chance fell upon Cafe Zacquer in Gloversville, NY, where a band called OSHE (pronounced AH-SHAY) was opening for an old favourite, UNCLE SAMMY. They are an instrumental jazz quartet from Albany and they absolutely BLEW MY MIND . Anywho, I was so into it I'm bringing them up to Canadia.

OSHE

Friday, October 1st, 2004

The Pepper Jack Cafe

(38 King William @ Hughson)

Hamilton, ON

19+, 10PM, $5/cover

w/TBA

BIO:

Oshe ("ah-shey")

an instrumental, improvisationaly based groove quartet consisting of Jake Savage on Fender Rhodes and keyboards, Ken Love on Bass, Will Senisi on guitar, and Adam Ochshorn on drums. The music is a thick rhythmic mesh of groove fusion and explosive improvisation drawing influence from early 1970's Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock ensembles as well as more modern groups like Soulive and Medeski Martin and Wood.

Oshe has played to full houses around the Northeastern U.S. at venues such as Rochester's Milestones , The Lion's Den in New York City, Club Metronome in Burlington, Ithaca's The Haunt, Albany's Northern Lights, and Stephen Talkhouse on Long Island. Oshe has shared stages with Ulu, Topaz , Max Creek, Umphrey's McGee, The Big Wu, Raisinhill, Uncle Sammy, and The Bad Plus during their first major touring effort. Having signed on for over sixty shows this past fall, Oshe is quickly becoming one of the hardest working touring acts on the scene today.

www.oshe.org