Garage-Surf-Psych-A-GoGo!

Friday August 20th, 2004

@ Casbah

9PM - 19+

306 King St W

'Shake It, Baybay!'

Hosted by THE FLAMINGO-GOs

with guests THE ORANGE ALABASTER MUSHROOM, APE and SONGAOKE

+++ Return to the 60s (note from the promoter): "A Psychedelic Happening right in the middle of downtown Hamilton"

boobandinwonderland-cc.jpg

Venue Doors 9:00PM

Lounge Doors 5:30PM (DJ: Sir Lord Orange Peel)

MP3s:

http://www.skinnycomm.ca/first.htm

http://www.theoam.com

FLAMINGO-GO'S: PRESS

The Flamingo-gos – “Fireball”

The world debut from Brantford’s hottest act since Gretzky last donned skates. Left to right in the picture: Princess Peacock – “Telecaster Blaster”, Whippoorwilma – drums, rhythm guitar, vocals, Darling Starling – bass, Wylde Swanda – drums , guitar, Not pictured: "Canarian" – Tambourine

"Hey Canarian, what's your game now, can anybody play?"

“I wish I was a spaceman/The fastest man alive…in Fireball XL-5”

THE ORANGE ALABASTER MUSHROOM Bio:

Gregpsychphoto.jpg

For years, The Orange Alabaster Mushroom existed in band form (more or less) only on recordings; I'd only played live as The OAM by myself or with a couple of friends, usually with acoustic and/or electric guitar, some effects pedals and junk percussion. Then, in September of 2000, it finally happened -- I gathered together some musician friends (Gord Mylks, Ryan Bol, Mark "Fuzzy" Fraser and Shawn Savoie), some of the most creative and talented freaks that I know. I wouldn't have it any other way. After a number of well-received shows in Kingston and Ottawa, the band took a year-and-a-half hiatus, but we just couldn't stay away. Once again, in the fall of 2002, I regrouped with the other guys (with Andy Shurvell taking over bass guitar duties) and we've continued to blow minds in Toronto, Ottawa, Kingston and Port Burwell (!) since then. As well as sharing the stage with Detroit's The Sights and Victoria's Hot Hot Heat, we've also played gigs with a number of bands on the Rainbow Quartz label. In February of 2003, we did a mini-tour with RQ bands The Gripweeds, Outrageous Cherry and Asteroid 4; when it warmed up a bit in Ottawa, we also got the chance to play with Winnipeg's The Telepathic Butterflies, also on Rainbow Quartz. More recent highlights include performing alongside The Gruesomes, The Sights, Les Sequelles, The Chains, Duotang, The High Dials and others, at the Wilderbeat Festival in the summer of '03, and opening for The Sadies NYE '04.

INFO contact brodiebooksrock@yahoo.ca