Jambands.ca

If you have low rent & own a business be thankful

whiteymuseum

$14,000 / week? That's the rent?!

No,no, the weekly average revenue.

If property taxes, rent rates and a struggling aesthetic in the eyes of outsiders affects biz so much so that 14G's a week can't cut it, what chances do many downtown businesses have is my question.

Hence why I said if you have low rent, be thankful.

I'll tell you something Broadie. That was our favourite restaurant for years. We used to eat at the one in Burlington when it was just a hole in the wall. My work buddies and I ate at the one in Oakville every Friday. My friends and I at the Hamilton one almost every time we went out for dinner. However, about a year to two years ago it started going down hill. We started getting poor service and the food started getting really crappy. We continued to eat there, convincing ourselves each time that it was an isolated experience but about 6 months ago we just decided that enough was enough. The service was so bad every single time we were there. The place was empty but the server made us continually feel like we were an inconvenience to them. The food wasn't as good as I could have produced with a jar of curry from the super-market dumped on top of some rice noodles. It's really to bad that they're gone but honestly, the writing was on the wall as far as I'm concerned. I eat dinner out a lot and I'm a ridiculously forgiving person. If it gets so bad that I have to entirely stop eating at a restaurant, they've really screwed up.