Jambands.ca

I'm such a geek...

tangerineman

... I had to stitch together this map of the approach to Coventry for those of us arriving from the North. It's composed of four adjacent maps from one of them online maps sites, plus info from the Vermont Dept. of Public Safety access map that's been online for a few days.

It's a browsable, zoomable JPG that'll look great on your laptop as you approach the border. You can amaze and delight the friendly U.S. Customs & Immigration personnel!

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to attach it to this post. If anyone knows how, I can send you the map.

What's interesting is there look to be a couple of back-road ways in down the west shore of Lake Memphremagog that don't appear to be closed off on the VT Public Safety map. I guess we're all better off going down I-91 to Exit 26, but these back roads do bode well for a quick exit on Sunday/Monday.

For those who may know me from gigs in Montreal and my very occasional postings here (BradM, Booche): hope to see some of you this weekend, among the throng of 80,000! I'll be camping with a buddy on Friday night at Border Lake campground, 150 Route 143 North in Stanstead. Two minutes from the border. We're going to tune in The Bunny, listen for the traffic reports, and wait for an opportune time to make the final run. Anybody who's heading down Friday evening, stop by the campground and we'll party!

Mike (TangerineMan)