Jambands.ca

Sick fu©king Slip Show!!!

zero

So the Slip boys have of course been getting a few raised eyebrows for their songwriterly songs as of late. HOWEVER first off those songs (Reddish Moon (Most Auspicious Confederate), Even Rats, Washington to DC (working title presumably)....) are unbelievable and played so differently from night to night. But on another note they are dusting off some gems right now suggesting we may be in for a freight train of shows in the next few days. Last night for instance Sam and Matt picked the setlist!!! Oh mutherfuggin' yeah. Check this sh!t out:

10-11-04

Riverside Jazz Cafe

Plains, PA

Highlands

Invocater

Phase 1>All Blues

Dead Flowers*

Paper Birds

Still shiver (whisper me off to sleep)^

Joe Highly

Johnny's Tune

Reddish Moon

Brad speak...

Song

You'll find a home

Can't Always get what you want

E: Proud

Before you were born

I guess you'd have to be really nutty about the Slip to get what makes this so unique. Basically songs like Joe Higley, All Blues, Highlands, Invocation and Phase 1 (hell yeah) haven't been played with any regularity for years and to have them all in one show is off the charts (my new least favourite expression. Compare this to the night before's setlist where the dust off a Torque, Munf (was wondering where she went) and Rhythm and Gold. This may just bode well for our Honey Melon, Ernie Mickey and You Might Say!!! I just hope none of you were looking forward to Fuji, Wolof, Poor Boy or What's So Funny because I am explicitly going to bat for them not to play any of those, I don't even want to hear Dogs On Bikes or Yellow Medecine which is almost sacreligious I realize.

10-10-04: Buttonwood Tree - Middle Town CT

Set 1: Song, Reddish Moon, new vocal with andrew on sythensizer strings sounding thing, Torque, Munf

Set 2: Shouters, "A Nathan Moore Tune", Trane-ing (sickest andrew drumming ever ever ever, even rats, suffocation keep

Encore: Rhythm and Gold