Jambands.ca

nero, 11.10.04 + 11.12.04

Northern Wish

I didn't get to head out to PEI for Thurs, but these two shows were both great- and I think Halifax can expect the same tonight. Thursday was a stat holiday in NB so even the Wednesday show was well attended. The sound in both of these bars was fabulous without incident. It seemed during so many of the songs that the jams were still progressing to new places since my last shows. The reports from the other shows about Daves playing are confirmed, and its a real joy to see him just beaming about everything up there. On the other hand I found myself watching Chris and Jay more and more as the sets progressed. The way those two can lock into a groove and then change the beat on a dime, and head in another direction is special to watch. From my vantage point the guys are having a lot of fun up on stage, and last night in Saint John during the Downside Up jam- it was smiles from ear to ear for all three of them.

I am trying to squeeze in another show Sunday, even though my wishlist is all checked off- after I got a sweet ass Condor last night. This was probably my highlight of the two nights, as the intro jam was really spacey and wove back to theme starting the song perfectly. This one was fairly heavy, as compared to other versions I've heard and featured a jam that hinted at Carol of Bells and also an amazing section of duo start/ stop jamming from all three in differing rotations for a couple of minutes. I had three exclamation points written on my notes during this jam..... Other highlights were: Echoes flowing out of Effervescense, the Lemondust was pushed to the limits much like the Evolve version, the Punk devil fisting during a particulary loud and welcomed Runnin, the DSideUp>Bash>DSU jam was top notch with a 'we've got to blow off some steam' edge, most of the second set of Saint John was exploratory, and of course what Phishead wouldn't mention that they played a fast mother of a Tube......

The second set list for Saint John is unconfirmed, and I split after Darius, but the bar looked to be shutting them down.

Fredericton, NB; The Cellar

Nov. 10, 2004

~1~

Miko Mard

The Year of...

Effervescense>

Echoes>

Breakline

Crabwalk

~2~

Whispy Mountain Wonder

Lemondust