IAN TYSON @ Hugh's Room Friday 02/11

TimmyB

IAN TYSON

HUGH'S ROOM

2261 DUNDAS STREET WEST

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 11, 2005

SHOW TIME 8:30PM

$25 STANDING ROOM ONLY

Tickets were $30 but now it's almost sold out (If it isn't already). You have to call Hugh's Room (416)531-6604 for ticket reservations. Tyson also performed on Wednesday and Thursday at Hugh's.

Ian Tyson's first studio album in six years came out this past Tuesday. It is entitled "Songs From the Gravel Road" (2005 Stony Plain)

Interestingly enough Kevin Breit appears on the album performing acoustic and electric guitars, bouzouki and mandolin. I do not know if Breit will be at the show on Friday.

At the second annual Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame Awards this week held at the John Bassett Theatre on Tuesday, Ian Tyson performed "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" and "Cool Water" written by Winnipeg born Hollywood movie cowboy Bob Nolan in the 1930s. Tyson performed the song with a singing Quartette that included his first wife Sylvia Tyson. I also don't know if she will be at tomorrow nights show.

Ian is seventy-one years old and I have never seen him so I'm very excited about the show.

For those who don't know the closing track "Four Strong Winds" off of Neil Young's "Comes A Time" was written by Ian Tyson.