Jambands.ca

Multi-track recording programs?

StaggerLee

I'm looking for a decent, free, multi-track recording program to download. Has anyone tried any out? I basically just want something that works like a four- or eight-track and maybe has reverb and what not. There are quite a few available so I want to sift the wheat from the chaff. Suggestions?

i have acid pro 4.0 along with soundforge 6 or 7. You can record multiple tracks on acid pro which can be hooked up with sounforge for effects or equilizer. You need a mixer to hook up to computer to get a nice clean sound cause the computer mic (at least on mine) is crap and the sound craps out. I have both of these on disc if you need to be hooked up. Very fun to play around with. I just wish i had a little mixer.

check out something called N Track. I use to use it when i was first getting into recording. it is very good. They have a free version. the full version is pretty cheap, It is great value for the money. very functional and lots of features.

N track

also check out this home recording message board. a great resource for home recording. You can find out about other system there as well.

home recording

You might want to check out the free version of pro tools. you can only use 8 tracks but it is a good one to learn since it is the industry standard

pro tools free

hope this helps and good luck

N-track is exactly what I was looking for but the demo version inserts annoying little beeps into your tracks every 10 seconds or so. Protools free says it won't run on winXP, which is what I've got. Acid pro and Audacity seem pretty good for my purposes. The effects processing is pretty weak for those two though. What does Soundforge do?

N-treck is exactly what I was looking for but the demo version inserts annoying little beeps into your tracks every 10 seconds or so. Protools free says it won't run on winXP, which is what i've got. Acid pro and Audacity seem pretty good for my purposes. The effects processing is pretty weak for those two though. What does Soundforge do?

the free n-track i used(4years ago) only had the bleeps for plug ins. you could record and play back with no issues. bummer.

At $49 or $75 for 24bit it is one hell of a deal. I talked to a friend this weekend who uses the 24bit version and he loves it. told me it's the best software he's ever bought.

too bad about the pro tools free. i guess now that they've become the standard they don't really feel like giving it away for free.

Question............. I have ried this Ntrack and i like it but i have a little problem, when i try to record the second or other tracks it records the new track plus records the 1st track in with the second track. So it pretty much doubles the sound and makes it sound to loud and wierd. Even when i use headphones it still does this, is there anything im doin wrong here?