Jambands.ca

Rose Garland Cancer Benefit Saturday Night in The Falls!!!

dark_starr

Sorry for the short notice, but I've been having problems posting images since the forum makeover. Here's the link to the poster:

http://groups.msn.com/RoseGarlandconcertposters/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=10

Hope to see lots of kind faces donating their nickels, dimes and quarters for a worthy cause that's hit far too close to home for a number of us lately...

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the well wishes, Tim! As a matter of fact, the evening was a rip-roaring success! We managed to shove a couple hundred bodies into the Boatahouse, and while I don't have a final total, I know that our eventual donation to the Canadian Cancer Society will be in the thousands! It was especially fun being the backing band while the hairdressers did their thing out in front of us, and to see some very obvious non-heads dance the night away! Methinks that we'll have to do this again very soon and scale it up a notch (what are Harvard Mouse and Diesel Dog up to? ;) )

As for the music, here's how it went down:

Set One (acoustic):

Cumberland Blues

Jack-A-Roe

Playing In The Band >

China Doll >

Playing In The Band >

Ripple

Set Two:

Jack Straw

Greatest Story Ever Told

Loser

Easy Wind

Brown-Eyed Women

Uncle John's Band >

Wharf Rat >

Uncle John's Band

One More Saturday Night

Set Three:

Help On The Way >

Slipknot >

Franklin's Tower

Eyes Of The World >

The Other One >

Morning Dew

Encore:

Shakedown Street

A special thanks to everyone involved in the planning and execution of the event, to opening artists Jesse Reid and Aura June for donating their time and talents, to everyone who made it out to the Boathouse last night, and especially to each and every one of you that made a donation to a very worthwhile cause! To you, a heartfelt "thanks".

Chuck