Jambands.ca

Bass gear question...

Paan

Funny you ask because who wouldnt want to sound like flea and les; great tone. There is reasons for that, they use the top notch gear that is either A completely unaffordable or B if was made for THEM. Either way now I found my self getting away with the cheapest and best way to achieve great tone. The two Key things that led me to believe this are PICKUPS and the AMP or head whatever have you. The right combination of either top notch pickup or amp will let you hopefully enjoy your tone. Who wants to be a guy that sounds like another guy, unless thats really what you want.

I get away with a mesa boogie walkabout head (tube, damn right), 4x10 yorkvilles, and a 1x15 yorkville. I use an old japanese squier with some guy who when i found it stuck EMG J bass pickups, sounds however you want it to no joke.

So go out and look around try shit its out there.

www.archive.org search mustashat

speaking of amps' date=' look what came in the mail....

[img']http://www.stephensonamps.com/gallery/images/custhead212cab.jpg

Good work BK. Did you buy the cab too? This guy's site intrigues me, but I've never heard of him. Did you play one at a dealer in Ontario first, or buy it sound unheard?

I played one of his combos at a guy in bratford who deals vintage and boutique gear. Within 2 minutes of playing it i was sold. it was that good. So i just looked him up myself and dropped him an email. he called a few days later and just chatted about amps and what i was looking for. great guy. i told him i wasn't in a hurry and that he could takes his time to get it perfect. well, a year and a half later that was i got.

the power scaling thing is amazing. I can dial in really driven tubes with half the volume or just unbelievable clean and clear tone so warm it melts butter. I've only had it for a week now and everyday it just keeps getting better. yes i did get a 2 x 12 cab as well

Edited by Guest