Jambands.ca

gatineau park x-country mtb

freerange

it's been 15 years since i have biked through the park on some great singletrack. i finally counted on my legs to take me to kingsmere and back (i can see the benefits of getting dropped off up there to bike back to ottawa).

seriously great ride however i have some questions for you who go up there quite a bit.

do they ever change the signs from no biking to biking to properly go with the map?

i had no choice but to take trails that said no bikes due to the other sign posted they were waterlogged. are these signs related or are there just no damn bikes in the park anymore?

the trails were dry as a bone...in fact the wet trails were the portage trails renegade bike enthusiasts created to join the main closed trails.

that main x-canada trail is an old fire road anyway.

i did disobey ncc regulations but i would argue the environmental impact of riding on a dry fireroad is negligable.

will they stop you in their trucks and yell at you?

will they take your bike?

Edited by Guest

Those NCC sh!teaters will try to stop you and give you a ticket if they catch you. Bunch of goons.

It ain't so bad right now as they don't seem to be partrolling too much. I ride my bike to Ottawa every day and cruise through a section that is closed to bikes (why is beyond me - its gravel). I've been warned by locals that the NCC will get me but they haven't yet.

I try to be respectful of the erosion concerns and of other pedestrian users when mtn biking. But realize, that even if you are respectful, they'll still ticket you if they catch you...