Jambands.ca

ROLL CALL!!!! CONSTANTINES IN LONDON, TUESDAY!!!!

guigsy

well, the constantines fucking rock, that's all there is to it, really. im sure ya'll know 'em, so i wont go into too much detail, but i will say there was a lot of new stuff and i cant wait for the album to drop on sept. 27th! also, they made mention of the fact that they've been on tour doin half hour sets opening up for the foo fighters, so i guess it was good for 'em to get into a venue like that and let loose.. they seemed to really be having a great time up there. they encored with a neil young cover (dont cry no tears, from zuma) and a bonn scott ac/dc era cover (ride on, from dirty deeds).

the openers, Oakley Hall, i thought kicked a bunch of ass, too. 3 guitars, bass, violin, minimal drum kit and loud as hell. a female guitarist/vocalist, as well, which really made for some pretty vocal harmonies in the midst of all the chaos... basically, your good ole brand of raw power pop rock... the main guitar player made me think of lauzon without any effects, and chunkier.... they definitely had some drive to them, too... check 'em out if you see 'em strolling through town, they're worth it. Oakley Hall.