Don Ross Cannington Guitar Weekends 2006

StoneMtn

[color:blue]Don Ross Cannington Guitar Weekends 2006

[color:green]June 2-4, 2006

featuring guest instructor Andy McKee

September 22-24, 2006

featuring guest instructor Alex de Grassi

Howdly-doodly,

In 2006, the Don Ross Cannington Guitar Weekend has the pleasure of offering two events. From June 2-4 2006, Topeka, Kansas-based fingerstyle guitar phenom Andy McKee will be Don's special guest.

In my humble opinion, Andy is the most innovative and exciting fingerstyle guitarist to emerge in years. Still in his 20's, Andy has developed a mastery of the 6-string guitar and the harp guitar that leaves me speechless. I find myself listening to his tunes over and over again, discovering new nuances every time. He is the most textural player of the instrument since Michael Hedges, and he creates sonic architecture worthy of the great modern composers for any instrument. It brings me great pleasure to expose my students to the work of Andy McKee just as he becomes a household name in the world of acoustic guitar!

From September 22 to 24, legendary fingerstyle guitarist Alex de Grassi will grace us with a visit. One of the ground-floor guitar artists with the Windham Hill label in the early 80's (along with Will Ackerman, Michael Hedges and Tuck Andress), Alex has earned his place among the great innovators for the guitar in the last several decades. A master composer as well as a truly remarkable player, he is also a very humble and approachable man. Welcoming Alex to the Cannington Guitar Weekend rates very highly with me, along with recent visits from such guitar luminaries as John Renbourn, Martin Carthy and Tony McManus. It will be an intimate weekend learning retreat with a true master of 21st-century guitar.

Registration is now open for both of these events. The Don Ross Cannington Guitar Weekends have been running every year since 1998, and they sell out quickly, as space is extremely limited. The Weekend includes a Friday night Song Circle (a chance to get acquainted with other like-minded musicians in a musical way!), workshops with Don and his co-host on the Saturday and Sunday mornings and afternoons, a Saturday public double-bill concert featuring Don and his co-host, shared accomodation Friday and Saturday nights, all meals and amenities. The cost is $500.00 Canadian dollars (currently equivalent to approximately $430.00 US, or 350 Euro, or £240.00 UK). Cannington is a small village located 80 minutes northeast of downtown Toronto, or 90 minutes from Pearson International Airport.

You can register by calling our private voice mail at (+1) 416.520.0092 and leaving your Visa or Mastercard number, along with the name on the card, the expiry date, your email address and your telephone number. Alternately, you can email the same information, split over two emails for greater security, to: DonRossGuitarWeekend@sympatico.ca. You will be notified immediately of your confirmed registration and Visa or Mastercard authorization number.

You can also register by certified cheque or money order in Canadian, US, Euro or Sterling by mailing your registration to:

Goby FIsh Music

253 College Street, Suite 322,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5T 1R5

Andy's website: http://www.AndyMcKee.com. Alex's website: http://www.degrassi.com

• 2 months later...