Jambands.ca

Tightness" is irrelevant for the most part. (Slowcoaster et al.)

zero

As vagabonds they were typical and undiscriminating. As poets their voice was of the ordinary and the plain(s). Viewed through the rose coloured lense of anthropology, like a band of displaced coureur de bois, the best system would be what Clifford Geertz called 'thick description'.

[color:red]

In Geertz's understanding, ethnography is by definition "thick description"—"an elaborate venture in." Using the action of "winking," Geertz examines how—in order to distinguish the winking from a social gesture, a twitch, etc.)—we must move beyond the action to both the particular social understanding of the "winking" as a gesture, the mens rea (or state of mind) of the winker, his/her audience, and how they construe the meaning of the winking action itself. "Thin description" is the winking. "Thick" is the meaning behind it and its symbolic import in society or between communicators.

Interpreted in literal terms observing a linear timeline they got double booked with a roots rock reggae group from Burlington 'The Next Best Thing' - they turned out to be credibly satisfactory but I was worried they were going to just get shitnami'd. The thugs got to cruising altitude quickly and saunter/belted through this set:

[color:brown]

Boilin' Hot Leather' >

Eurotrash >

Can't Change Me (corruption overture) >

Angsty Astronaut (bitchwise) >

Jon (* see also Jean, gene genie)) >

Rasta Flag (50 Cent Blues, Song for Curtis J.) >

Nite Life >

<< Glenn Fry drum breakdown mini-medley >>

Bread Crumbs

On The Patio >

Can't Get High >

Muscle Shoals outro >

distressed denim reprise

Basically Devon and Darren were bitching from the moment I ran into them about who was going to be Crockett and who Tubbs. It was more than just the colour coordination it was the whole persona thing. In the opening jam Darren ended up with the talking drum so I presume he was Crockett for the rest of the night. LeLievere (translated as LeLievere) broke a bass string very early on, flagellated Steven in a semi- 'Zed's dead baby' fashion. Seemingly to the mutual enjoyment of both consenting adults. Nothing was slowing down basszilla though and Steve had an axe or three to grind. All together priceless.

miami-vice-glenn-fry.jpg