Jambands.ca

Short-Term Marketing Job in Ottawa

AdamH

Does anyone want to do my job for a few months? I'm going to be working in Dublin January - March on another project so VSO is hiring my replacement. I thought I'd give y'all a few hours headstart over the Charity Village posting that'll go up later today.

PM me if you have any questions about it.

Job Title: Coordinator, Marketing and Communications

Term: Full-time contract position from January to March, 2006

Responsible to: Manager, Fundraising and Communications, VSO Canada

VSO is an international development agency that works through volunteers. We promote volunteering as a way to fight global poverty by supporting people to share their skills, creativity and learning with people and communities in developing countries. VSO Canada is a registered Canadian charitable organization and is a National Partner Agency of VSO worldwide. VSO is an active supporter of the international Make Poverty History campaign.

Key responsibilities

1. To work in cooperation with Communications and Volunteering Program staff members to effectively coordinate and implement the marketing strategy, including:

• Recruitment Advertising Campaign
  • Marketing Events and Job Fairs
  • Website updates and online marketing

2.Update and maintain marketing data to support ongoing analysis of marketing strategy.

3.As a member of the staff of VSO Canada, work effectively as part of a small staff team and to undertake specific additional responsibilities as may be agreed upon with the Manager.

Key qualifications

• Bilingualism strongly preferred
  • Formal education: B.Comm. or BA and/or have completed a program in marketing, communications, public relations, or equivalent experience. Preference will be given to candidates with market research training.
  • Experience: One to three years experience in marketing, communications, outreach, public relations, advertising.
  • Technical skill: Good knowledge of appropriate software packages for word processing, spreadsheets, database and statistical analysis. Familiarity with desktop and Web publishing software is preferred.
  • Other: Must have strong planning, project management and multi-tasking skills. Must be able to work to strict deadlines and be extremely detail oriented. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others in a team environment. Experience working with both NGOs and the private sector is preferred. Strong writing and analytical skills.

Deadline: December 15, 2005

Please send your résumé and cover letter by December 15, 2005 to hr AT vsocan DOT org, to the attention of Heidi Lasi.

We thank all applicants for their interest, but we are only able to contact those being considered for an interview.