Jambands.ca

MMW last wednesday!

mikey d

hey this is my first time acsessing a computer since this show, but ive been dying to discuss it! basically it FUCKING ROCKED! it was one of the best live shows ive seen in a long time. they layed beeah, my fav MMW tune second. you may have heard my 'fuck yeah!!!!' a few seconds before everyone else caught on to which tune it was. then they played afro-bue ( a coltrane tune). i didnt even know that they covered it so it was a nice treat. their cover of fire by hendrix was good as usual but i enjoy it more when they go into it out of smoke. i cant remember all the tunes out of the middle of the set, but i remember i loved it. pappy check was awesome and uninvisible was a perfect closer. i dont think anyone could have not enjoyed the encore of I want to ride you, ended acousticly with the melodica, chris's standup and billy's so called 'squeaky drum'. it was a killer killer show, and i cant wait to catch them again on the 13th in ottowa.

also, did anyone else think they saw neil young in the audience . . . ? im pretty sure i was just tripping out.

haha yeah i thought so . . but it looked like him, and i was two nights after his t.o. show . . im glad i didnt ask him, i almost did.

heres another great story from the show:

i was hanging around outside the backstage area to see if i could talk to medeski and while i was waiting i was talking to a security guard and a cop, and we were talking for about 45 minutes when the cop left to go backstage. asked him if he saw medeski just sitting around if he could ask him to come outside and talk with me, and about 20 minutes later the cop and medeski came walking out and i talked to him for a good five minutes.

Archived