Jambands.ca

A Night of Fuzzed-Out Gee-Raj Rock -- Sun May 28 (Casbah, Hamilton)

whiteymuseum

A night of Fuzzed-Out Gee-Raj Rock!!!

Sunday May 28th

Casbah

306 King St W, downtown Hammah

8PM :: 19+ :: $10

From BIRDMAN RECORDS

(The Gris Gris, Thee Headcoats, The Warlocks, Outrageous Cherry)

From Oakland, CA

THE CUTS

and

THE TIME FLYS

with guests THE OUTLETS (from Ancaster)

cuts.jpg

Sky Saxon record channeled through Jeff “Mono Man†Connolly. Ironically, Connolly’s pre-Lyres outfit DMZ is named-dropped in the press kit. Wow. Not to disappoint in comparisons, The Cuts break out 11 songs of fuzzed out, Nuggets-inspired, gee-raj rock. Sure The Cuts are essentially revivalists at heart (if someone could just tell me when the revival began and ended would be a big help in matters like this), but damn sweet Jesus they do it well. Er good? Um better? Better than who? Somewhere out there Fred Mills is waxing poetic on this release. Now plug his name into Google and go find out really what it’s all about. Hint: Not Von Bondies, not Mooney Suzuki, not Hives. Of course this is all unjust comparisons as this Birdman release is a reissue of The Cuts debut LP.

timeflys1.jpg

Totally raw, pounding punk rock for those needing a good dose of Heartbreakers and Crime. Unlike some of the more cosmetic-obsessed elements of the Dolls-aping scene these days, these guys from the Bay Area (with the Cuts' guitarist) go right for the jugular and don't mess around. I hear 10 CD's a day with the guitar/bass/drum punk aesthetic and lately it's taken a lot to turn my head in this format, I have to say. I don't know what else to say. They're a quartet, maybe Little Steven will like them, I dunno. There's two singles, I am sure the album will kill.

Edited by Guest