Jambands.ca

CORB LUND w/ Elliott Brood - Thursday at Elixir (Kingston)

skelter

EGGPLANT ENTERTAINMENT and ROCK CREW PRODUCTIONS PRESENT

STONY PLAINS RECORDING ARTIST

[color:brown]CORB LUND & THE HURTIN' ALBERTANS

With Special Guests [color:brown]ELLIOTT BROOD

“Hair In My Eyes Like A Highland Steer" is the fourth and CD from Alberta's Corb Lund. The album was produced by Harry Stinson (Dead Reckoners, Steve Earle, Lyle Lovett) and recorded at Treasure Isle Recorders in Nashville, TN. The CD also features guest vocals from legends Ian Tyson and Ramblin’ Jack Elliott.

"Hair In My Eyes Like A Highland Steer" runs the gamut of roots music forms and flavours, from western swing to Waylon-esque country rock to ragtime to acoustic blues. The album continues in the vein of the band's previous release "Five Dollar Bill" by combining traditional western and acoustic stylings with incisive lyrics in an 'innovatively traditional' style.

“Hair In My Eyes Like A Highland Steer†is certified Gold and won the Best Roots & Traditional award at the 2006 Junos. Corb is nominated for nine CCMA’s, including Album of the Year and Artist of the Year.

The ever-stylish Elliott Brood will add their critically acclaimed sound to the show.

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 21, 2006 at ELIXIR (14 Garrett Street)

TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW AT:

CHARGE BY PHONE 613.542.2452, ZAP RECORDS, BRIANS RECORD OPTION, RENAISSANCE MUSIC, DESTINATIONS, CHUMLEIGHS, ELIXIR & ONLINE @ WWW.ROCKCREW.CA