Jambands.ca

The Waybacks in Edmonton

leshlush

The Waybacks are here in Edmonton AB tonight october 13... They will be playing at the St.Basil's Cultural Centre @ 10819 - 71 Ave, tickets are $15 in advance and $17 at the door...

[color:blue]Punchy, hook-laden rock, fluent fiddle waltzes, jazz-influenced numbers and celtic-tinged folk all figure into the sound of this genre-bending act. From the San Francisco Bay Area, we welcome back the Waybacks. With virtuosity and instrumentation suggestive of a bluegrass band - albeit one in which dynamic drumming is integral, banjo is conspicuously absent, and actual bluegrass material is a rarity

Before playing Red Deer (last night), they are just off the heels a run of shows in California that featured Bob Weir as an additional member... This was not their first outing w/ Mr. Weir, as he has joined the band on a few outings to form what has been refered to as the "Weirbacks"...

Edmonton welcomes them back for their long-awaited return as it has been nearly 2 yrs since their last visit, when they turned more than a few heads...

The "Waybacks" are here in support of a new album and bring a large collection of origial material, along w/ a catalogue of cover songs that includes a 20+ minute version of the Grateful Dead's "Cumberland Blues" that incorperates a stand-up bass...

If in the area, this is a show not to be missed...

See you all on the dancefloor...

Peace, Love,

and Dancin Shoes

Paul

Yeah, I already have my gear bag packed, batteries charged, and I'm ready to go...

Looking forward to a fun evening, I'll let you know how the pull turns out...

P.S. - Brad, I don't know if you remember that I told you almost a yr ago taht I got a good pull of Mr Something Something but the band had asked me the same night not to post it... Well, last time they were through town, I threw them a copy of the show and I just got the go ahead to post it... I'll let you know once it goes up... I wasn't running the UA5 at the time but I still got a decent pull...

P.S. - Brad, I don't know if you remember that I told you almost a yr ago taht I got a good pull of Mr Something Something but the band had asked me the same night not to post it... Well, last time they were through town, I threw them a copy of the show and I just got the go ahead to post it... I'll let you know once it goes up... I wasn't running the UA5 at the time but I still got a decent pull...

Yup, I had an e-mail from John (their tenor player, and designated "audio" guy) and he mentioned it. I'm looking forward to it (and not just because it's been about six months since I've seen them, and I'll miss them tomorrow night due to Fat Cats). Do you have a set list? If you need help with titles, let me know, and I'll try to help.

Aloha,

Brad

Yup, I had an e-mail from John (their tenor player, and designated "audio" guy) and he mentioned it. I'm looking forward to it (and not just because it's been about six months since I've seen them, and I'll miss them tomorrow night due to Fat Cats). Do you have a set list? If you need help with titles, let me know, and I'll try to help.

I'll definitely need help w/ a setlist, I don't know the names of any of their songs(MInd you they may mention the odd name in their pre-tune banter)... Usually when that's the case, I just cross reference shows already on the archive but if you're willing to help me w/ a setlist, it would definitely be greatly appreciated...

Thanks for the offer...

No problem. Try cross-referencing against the LMA shows (and/or the album) first ("It's the only way he'll learn, dear."), and for any you can't get, you could send my a lyrical snippet or even an MP3 file, and I'll see if I can fill in the blanks.

Aloha,

Brad