Jambands.ca

Ernest Goes To Jail... Trey in trouble

leshlush

If its due to the info on wiki not matching the mugshot, lets remember wiki is the most inaccurate place to get information on the web.

That's not true actually. A year or so ago, an independant study revealed that wikipedia was at least as accurate as the print version of Encyclopedia Britannica.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, an article in McLeans about the internet & its effects on society a month or two back touched on some of wiki, especially info pertaining to medical issues & advice and found most of it incorrect. As well, alot about musicians/people etc (but that wasn't the main area they looked at). Since its something anyone can edit, add or alter, which is also not always confirmed I never take much on there as legit, well alot of info on the web I guess isn't. My buddy Geordie may still have that issue, if he does, I grab it next time I'm there.

[color:red][edit to add]

I see that Trey's b-day has yet changed again back to 1964 on wiki. The other day the date was different.

Here's the article I was speaking of from Mclean's. Like I said it touches on wiki as well information online in general.

The internet sucks (reprinted from Mclean's)

Edited by Guest

If its due to the info on wiki not matching the mugshot' date=' lets remember wiki is the most inaccurate place to get information on the web.[/quote']

That's not true actually. A year or so ago, an independant study revealed that wikipedia was at least as accurate as the print version of Encyclopedia Britannica.

Willy, if you could provide said study, that would be key. There is a huge debate in academic circles right now. I personally will not allow Wikipedia to be used for citation purposes, simply because of the instant malleability of it ie you could become the current King of Spain, should I wish it.